Monday, December 04, 2006

Why Derek Jeter's Driven

Why Derek Jeter's Driven
Richmond Times-Dispatch Oct 29, 2006






Derek Jeter might wear a 2 on his New York Yankees' jersey, but, right now, he's No. 1 with Avon ladies.

Jeter is the inspiration, spokesman and model for Derek Jeter Driven, the newest men's fragrance from Avon Products Inc. It will be available the end of November. The Associated Press sat down with Jeter to talk about his new role:

Have you always worn fragrance?

Jeter: Yes. I've changed allegiances already and have been wearing the samples of Driven for months. I'm not just throwing my name and face on something.

How involved were you in the development?

Jeter: When I was approached and decided to do it, I decided to be involved in everything -- the scent, the packaging, the logo, the bottle. I knew what I wanted. I didn't want it to overtake a room. I wanted it to be clean and sophisticated.

Can you describe your style?

Jeter: I know more what I dislike. I would be in a suit today even if I didn't have to. You can't be overdressed, but you can be underdressed.









© 2006, Media General. Part of the GatewayVA Network.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home